A Revelation of:
The Whole "Armor of God" - What is it Made of?
As I was spending time with the Lord recently He spoke to my heart regarding the Armor of God that it was made of a certain Something.
Armor of God Download
As I was spending time with the Lord recently He spoke to my heart regarding the Armor of God and that all the pieces are made of a certain Something.
Ephesians 6:13-18 speaks of “putting on the whole Armor of God.” The Lord showed me that the “whole Armor of God” is literal substance of the Word of God. In other words, the Armor of God is the Word of God manifested in different ways from the actions – the believing and doing of them – in our life. (See John 1:1-3, 14-15). Let’s take a look at each separate piece of Armor and how it is manifested from and of the Word of God itself.
The Whole Armor of God
1. Gird Your Loins with Truth: Jesus said, “I am the Truth,” who is the Word of God Himself. The Word of God was made flesh and then written down in the Book, revealed to us by His Spirit – the “Spirit of Truth” who is the Spirit of the Lord Himself. The “Truth” that we are to “gird” ourselves with is through knowing Truth Himself. (See John 14:6). Truth is not what we believe or how we speak, nor a philosophy, but rather a Person. As we know and believe the Truth Himself our heart is filled with the Person of Truth and out of that abundance of Truth in our heart, we will speak truth, act true and believe truth. EVERYTHING that stems from the Truth Himself is the Truth. If we do not intimately know the Truth Himself – know His thoughts, know His ways, this part of the Armor will never fully be in place.
In Isaiah 55:8, 9 it says, “’For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,’ says the Lord.” Why did the Lord say that? Because they should be! Let’s go back to verse 7 where the Lord compels the “wicked” person (those who do not know God’s thoughts and ways) to “forsake” his ways (the thoughts and ways of the World) and “return” to walking in God’s thoughts and ways. Remember, ALL “thoughts and ways” that are not God’s, including those of religion, are wicked.
Therefore this piece of Armor is on when we not just “speak the truth” in all we do, but KNOW the Truth Himself – His thoughts and His ways. Knowing God’s thoughts and ways behind what His written Word says, is knowing His heart.
2. Breastplate of Righteousness: Is a result of righteous acts! This Breastplate of “Righteousness” is the not the same righteousness that we received when we become children of God through the New Birth. This breastplate is a Breastplate of Righteous acts! Righteous acts are only known to be righteous by the One who gave us command be righteous as He is righteous. “Love one another as I have loved you,” Jesus said. “If you love me, keep my commandments.” (See John 14:21, 23-24 & 1Corinthians 13). Jesus’ command to keep His Word – keeping it in right attitude and motive of heart, is righteousness! All the Bible commands and examples are the Word of God provisioned for man through different ages to act upon in order to produce the Breastplate of Righteousness. Without righteous acts, there is no Breastplate. Whether righteous or unrighteous acts, whether through knowledge or ignorance, this Armor piece can be put in place or removed at will like the rest of the Armor.
Therefore this piece of Armor is on when we are obedient to the commandment of Love and obedient to His daily voice and inward leading by the Spirit.
3. Preparation of the Gospel of Peace: Is to always be “prepared” to share the Gospel of Peace – the Good Message of Salvation where the New Birth is concerned to everyone and anyone at any time. We must have a firm knowledge of Salvation from the Word, which is: The New Birth, healing, deliverance, wholeness, provision, protection, etc.
“Gospel” means: Good message, not good news. “News” is impersonal – events that are happening around us. The Gospel which means “Good Message” in the Greek Text is directed to the person just like a messenger bringing a message to you personally of good news.
The “Gospel of Peace” is the “Good Message” that God is not holding anything against man but “reconciled all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.” That is why Romans 5:1 says that we have “peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ”. “For He Himself is our peace” Ephesians 2:13-14 says.
“Preparation” is having a skillful knowledge and understanding of the New Birth part of the Salvation part of the Word of God, and being able to use it to free people from Darkness and bring them into the Light. (See Ephesians 2:13-14, Romans 5:1-2, Colossians 1:20-22.)
Therefore this piece of Armor is in place when we fully understand the Mechanics of Salvation and are able and obedient to use them at any time in any place to deliver people from eternal damnation.
4. Shield of Faith: Faith begins where the Word of God is known. “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.” If we do not know the Word of God, know it as a settled fact, we will never have faith. The living Word of God in our hearts when acted upon and spoken produces faith. Faith is the Word believed in us! That is just SO important I will say it again: Faith is the Word believed in us! Otherwise we are always in sin and never pleasing God. The reason why Romans 14:23 says, “whatever is not from faith is sin” is because it’s the belief of the Word that actually creates faith. And we can only believe with the heart. (See Romans 10:17, 14:23, and Hebrews 11:1).
Therefore this piece of Armor is in place when there is a heart decision of a settled assurance that what you speak is Covenant and knowing that it is an already settled fact in Heaven; and, your actions are in line with your words. Remember, this piece will not work if you are not walking in Love either, because “Faith works by Love.”
5. Helmet of Salvation: “Salvation” means: Nothing broken, nothing missing – we are complete! It encompasses the New Birth, position, authority, healing, health, protection, safety, wisdom, provision. Salvation IS our Life on this earth. And Jesus is our Savior – our Salvation. Without a thorough understanding and doing it correctly, of what the Word of God is to us, we cannot walk out life with this helmet on.
Therefore this piece of Armor is in place when we believe and accept as a settled fact that the Covenant that Jesus provided for us through his shed blood along with His resurrection and appointment as our High Priest to administer that Covenant today in our daily lives – not when we get to Heaven. We will not need it then. There is no devil there to corrupt life!
Our Covenant of Salvation is provisioned for us so “we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ” (see Ephesians 4:13).
6. Sword of the Spirit: Is the spoken Word of God! It is speaking the believed Word of God from our heart against what we see with our eyes and hear with our ears that is contrary to what is written. It is standing in agreement with his Word which has already “forever been settled in heaven”. We stand in agreement with Heaven not the corruption of a fallen World through what we see or what we hear. Without knowing the Word as a settled fact and siding with it, this piece of Armor will be a useless weapon. (See Ephesians 6:17, Revelations 1:6 and Hebrews 4:12).
Therefore this piece of Armor is in place when we speak what the Word of God says in the face of our daily situations rather than speaking what we see or hear.
Notice that any piece of the Armor can be removed or be unusable very easily at any moment throughout the day and be kept off or put on any time by an act of our will. Most Christians may wear a single piece of Armor every now and then. No wonder the enemy has such access to our lives!
Also notice that many of these pieces of Armor “overlap”. Meaning, if you violate one piece of Armor the other piece will fall off or be unusable. Example: If you violate the Breast Plate of Righteousness (Obedience and walking in Love), the Shield of Faith will fall away too. This is because Faith works by Love.
As you can see, putting on the “whole” Armor of God is having a thorough knowledge AND the proper use of the Word of God in these six areas (6 pieces of Armor) that are listed in the Word itself (see Ephesians 6:13-18). Therefore with proper understanding and usage of the Word of God, the Word Itself will manifest in our life as the Armor of God – Weapons, “weapons of our warfare that are not fleshly, but powerful through God for the pulling down (demolition) of strongholds (See 2 Corinthians 10:3-6).
Establishing the Kingdom of God
Now we understand 1 John 5:4 which says, “Whatsoever is born of (produced out) of God overcomes the world”. That is what the Armor is – the Word of God Himself manifest in and through us – to overcome this fallen world and restore it to the original plans. EVERYTHING that comes out of God (born of God) has the power and ability to transform the World. Nothing can stop it – except us!
The wearing and using of all the pieces of the Armor of God together is actually the process of “establishing the Kingdom of God” in the earth. In other words, when ALL the Armor of God is active in our lives on a daily basis the Kingdom of God is being established by default. The Kingdom of God is not made up of material things, but rather it is the System of Heaven established by God, manifested through man in this physical world returning it to its original state – the Garden of Eden.
The Garden of Eden, in Process
Daniel spoke of this process of the Kingdom of God taking over the World (delivering it from the evil) and restoring it. Remember King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream of the image of gold? “And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; … it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever. Inasmuch as you saw that the Stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the ( world systems of the) iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold” (see Daniel 2: 31-45).
Paul the Apostle also spoke of this process of restoring the earth by establishing the Kingdom of God: “That He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, whom heaven must receive (retain) until the times of restoration of all things (the Garden of Eden), which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began” (see Acts 3:20-21).
Jesus is not coming to takes sides; He is coming to take over. He has started the process through those of His adopted brothers and sisters who will take up the Whole Armor of God and establish the Kingdom of God in their daily sphere of influence. Are you wearing your Armor and NEVER taking it off? If not, Darkness is covering the earth as we speak. Let us not be consumed by the Darkness but walk in the Light (His Armor) as He is in the Light in order to push back and TOTALLY defeat the Darkness.
I capitalized the word “Armor” purposely because it IS the Word of God in manifestation in our lives.
The Mechanics of Salvation training can be found on website: http://www.takehisheart.com/salvationconfessionstraitgate.htm.
Given by the Lord to Stephen Gola on 8/21/2012
******ALL TEACHINGS MAY BE USED WITHOUT PERMISSION TO TEACH AND TRAIN GOD'S PEOPLE. PLEASE KEEP THE COPYRIGHT INTACT.******